Marcal Paper is searching for a Distribution Operator for our warehouse!! Apply today, work tomorrow!
This position is responsible for driving, vehicles and equipment, loading and unloading into and out of warehouse and operating in an efficient and safe manner.
- Requires CDL Class A license, this job will make all yard moves as well as load and unload trailers.
- USW Local #870 benefits.
- Ability to function in a safe manner knowing all safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to use IQMS software and able to use “Yard Management” system
- Utilizing CDL Class A License, moves trucks and equipment as needed in and out of warehouse as well as on public street in and around the plant.
- Use powered industrial trucks to move finished goods on trailers.
- Problem solves minor equipment problems; perform minor adjustments to equipment and notify appropriate team members if unable to elevate the issue.
- Responsible for proper handling of materials which may include tissue rolls or various forms. Responsible when handling these materials to make sure they are not damaged.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-speed environment and follow standardized work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Attend all crew/safety meetings.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with shipping and receiving. Including interacting with drivers, generating shipping documents, BOL’s, utilizing YMS, etc.
- Minimum High School Diploma, equivalent (GED) or relevant experience.
- Experience preferred in a paper mill or industrial setting.
- Ability to understand verbal & written instructions in English including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, instruction sheets, training manuals, and other verbal/computer-based training.
- Ability to navigate various computer systems and applications for data collection and reporting purposes.
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including eye protection, safety vest and ear protection
- Be able to drive equipment for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a forklift.
- CDL “A” license required and the driving of applicable trucks and equipment on public streets.
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Basic Math skills
- Oral communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Required)