- The Director of Engineering and Reliability is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Engineering and Maintenance Departments, in alignment with the strategic plan of the company.
- This person must use a technical approach to lead all aspects of process resolution and continuous improvement toward the goals of improved production, production cost, and world class reliability. Must keep cost, usability, manageability, and maintainability in mind.
- This person must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills through the utilization of situational leadership, servant leadership, and creation of a vision for the deparment.
- Manage the technical team in a manner that supports teamwork and development.
- Ensure facility compliance all applicable federal, state, and local codes and regulations
- Provide technical leadership in problems concerning maintenance and the completion of projects.
- Manage the capital expenditure budget, maintenance repairs budget, and energy budget.
- Drive continues improvement activities to generate improvement in key performance indicators.
- Regularly track and report on projects, safety, work orders, and energy
- Use safe working practices to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents and the preservation of equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment to and improvement in safety results.
- Ability to lead teams in a cooperative and inspirational manner.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Ability to develop strategic plans to ensure continuous improvement of business results.
- Ability to think through a problem and make timely decisions with minimal superior intervention
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Ability to work in a factory environment, subject to noise, heat, cold and humid atmosphere
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years paper converting /paper manufacturing experience required with a minimum of 10 years management experience
Once you have applied, please fill out these brief (25-35 minutes total) skill assessments at the following link to be considered for this position: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-ICWU5H2CX?u=1025712Application Manager