- The Director of Paper Manufacturing is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the paper function and Department.
- This person leads all aspects of paper manufacturing in a manner that delivers on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in order to deliver manufacturing and P&L commitments with respect to OEE and MPP.
- This person will work with all manufacturing, purchasing, and sales and distribution teams to ensure consistent finished goods are delivered to customers as committed.
- Safety and safe operations are imperative as is commitment to housekeeping and cleanliness, while operating to constantly improve quality of manufacturing and the facility overall.
- Possesses and utilizes strategic vision, leadership and fit of paper manufacturing as part of the bigger picture.
- Responsible for paper manufacturing accountabilities including safety, compliance, quality, productivity & cost.
- Manage paper manufacturing chemical costs and overall aggressive cost management.
- Manage teams in a manner that supports teamwork and development.
- Develop annual paper manufacturing budget, approve and monitor expenditures, report variances to budget.
- Develop and execute strategies that maximize productivity, minimize waste and minimize operating cost.
- Deliver on Sales and Customer Service commitments with a CS focus.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to generate improvement in KPI’s.
- Manage manufacturing operations to achieve P&L objectives.
- Environmental stewardship, machinery knowledge
- Desire and experience in developing people, succession planning, technical training abilities, and assembling manuals, and materials for training.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Manage capital projects efficiently, on-time, within budget.
- Work with and an understanding of the internal customer needs and KPI’s; recognition of Purchasing KPI’s and work with them on residual shipments and contraries.
- Ability to lead teams in a cooperative and inspirational manner
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Ability to operate process data systems and learn and investigate new systems to ensure more efficient operations.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in engineering or related background
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a fiber operation preferred with 5 years’ of experience in fiber and de-inking.
- Demonstrated management experience and exhibited leadership skills
- The ability to develop a team and individuals both technically and for people related roles as the business grows.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with strong communications skills
Strong ability to collaborate and cooperate with peer leaders and departments: ability to see the larger picture of the business and its growth and how paper relates to the overall strategic plan.Application Manager