Entry Level Paper Mill Operator, Job Class Utility
Handling the day to day paper-making process.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- The utility position takes care of a variety of tasks as required by the machine tender and team managers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out tasks.
- Fast-paced environment
- Inspecting equipment before each use
- Must have excellent driving skills: Fork and clamp trucks.
- Ability to produce quality product at all times
- Work safely around manufacturing equipment
- Lift, carry, pick, and stack materials up to 50 pounds
- Regularly climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Have the ability to stand and/ or walk for entire shift
- Conditions are noisy, dusty, and frequently hot and humid. PPE use is mandatory.
- Picking orders- up to 50 pounds
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the production area and duties as assigned.
- Available to work all shifts, weekends, and overtime
- Constantly being aware of their surroundings
- Operating their equipment safely at all times
- Keep work area and equipment tour ready at all time
- Able to mount and dismount the forklift throughout the shift.
- LOC, operator basic care, core/dock management, maintaining chemical inventories, roll wrapping/material flow, pulping operation, and maintenance day tasks are among the many routine tasks this position must perform.
- A successful applicant must be hardworking, good problem-solving skills, excellent attendance, and be willing to learn and advance in the organization up to the Machine Tender classification.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 2 year of forklift operation experience
- 1 year machine operator experience
- Read, write and speak English
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Once you have applied, please fill out these brief (25-35 minutes total) skill assessments at the following link to be considered for this position: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-ICWU5H2CX?u=1025712Application Manager