Responsible for assisting in various aspects of operations of pulp and mill duties through the plant safely and effectively.
- Perform safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient equipment operation achieving targeted production and cost rates.
- Use powered industrial trucks to move finished goods on trailers or broke to pulper.
- Problem solve minor equipment problems; perform minor adjustments to equipment and notify appropriate team members if unable to elevate the issue.
- Remove broke from underneath and around manufacturing equipment, keeping the work area clean with specific attention to the dry end and back side of the paper machine. In general, responsible for your work area during the shift to make sure they are clean and free from debris.
- May assist with the roll preparation for winding and shipping to include wrapping rolls and placing labels according to customer and quality standards.
- Responsible for proper handling of materials which may include tissue rolls or various forms of incoming fiber. Responsible when handling these materials to make sure they are not damaged.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-speed environment and follow standardized work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Contribute to stock prep operation by feeding pulpers or assisting in the deinking plant.
- Adhere to all safety rules including but not limited to lock out/tag out and confined space procedures.
- Responsible for completing safety inspections for lift trucks, hoists, the bob cat, and other equipment as required by mill policy.
- May be asked to inspect finished goods or raw materials as it affects quality, such as for various containment’s.
- Communicate with the crew member that you are relieving regarding any safety issues or concerns with quality, stock and equipment.
- Assist with other housekeeping tasks such as rolling up hoses after being used, emptying hoppers and trash receptacles, hosing down spills in wet area and sweeping dry area. You are expected to clean whenever possible.
- Attend all crew/safety meetings.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience preferred in a paper mill or industrial setting.
- Ability to understand verbal & written instructions in English including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, instruction sheets, training manuals, and other verbal/computer-based training.
- Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including cat walks, deck grating, uneven surfaces, confined spaces, stairs and stationary vertical ladders.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to navigate various computer applications for data collection and reporting purposes.
- Ability to work a 12-hour Dupont swing shift.
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including eye protection, safety vest and ear protection
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a forklift.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions that may require use of company provided personal protective equipment.