This role performs various HR-related tasks and provides administrative support for the HR function. It is a learning role intended to develop the incumbent in all areas of HR. The focus is primarily on supporting the Vermont location, extending to the New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations.
*This is a paid internship; Day Shift / Part-Time ( M-F, 20-30 hours per week )
$18.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various recruiting tasks, including writing job descriptions, conducting phone screens, participating in interviews, drafting offer letters, and using online sourcing tools such as Indeed and TAM.
- Read, draft, and analyze complex spreadsheets and documents. Math skills and the ability to work with Excel formulas are a must.
- Conduct online research, including occasional basic legal research.
- Utilize ADP Screening for background checks.
- Participate in all aspects of labor relations, including union contract negotiations, interaction with the union, and general labor relations analysis.
- Prepare and participate in leadership/development training programs.
- Other special projects and analyses, as assigned, such as engagement assessments and 360 Degree feedback/performance reviews.
- Must have recently achieved or be pursuing a bachelor’s/master’s degree, preferably in the field of Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative, out-of-box thinker.
- Basic understanding of legal HR principles preferred.
- Basic knowledge of occupational health and safety principles.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multitask and work on various projects in adherence to deadlines.
Marcal, Soundview Vermont Holdings LLC affords equal opportunity to all individuals in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under Federal or State or Local law. Marcal, a Soundview Vermont Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer.Application Manager