Responsible for performing all phases of electrical & instrumentation control maintenance throughout the plant safely and effectively.
• Perform installation of new or replacement electrical and instrumentation equipment, as well as electrical construction.
• Locate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical & instrumentation and control system malfunctions. Document problems and results and report them to Group Leader.
• Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety, and environmental hazards, and report them to the appropriate supervisor.
• Complete necessarily training programs within the time frame allowed.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Maintain daily work log with work descriptions, time entry, and any additional information requested by supervisor.
- Be available to work overtime on emergency base or as directed by the supervisor.
• Respond to call-ins for emergency repair work and perform on call duty based on rotational schedule or as directed by supervisor.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 10+ years work experience as an electrician, preferably in a paper mill or industrial setting.
· Proficient knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation; electrical equipment functioning; electrical operating procedures and standards to support cost effective, safe and efficient equipment and instrumentation maintenance, repair.
· Basic knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic equipment to support safe and efficient minor equipment repair.
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local electric codes and environmental permit regulations pertaining to electrical & instrumentation functioning.
· Knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, local and company safety procedures and ability to execute same.
· Proficient knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards connected with
general plant practices with emphasis on the necessity of safety policy compliance.
· Ability to read, comprehend, and work from electrical and electronic blueprints.
· Ability to understand verbal & written instructions in English including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, instruction sheets, technical data, work orders, training manuals, and other verbal/computer based training.
· Basic computer knowledge preferred.
· Ability to access confined spaces thru standard man ways.
· Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations.
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
· Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating, and uneven surfaces.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Operate manual and/or power hand tools and power equipment (i.e. industrial forklift and man lift) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate on the radio during noise interference.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions that may require the use of company-provided personal protective equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $46.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical Experience: 5 years (Preferred)