DISCOVER WHAT’S NEXT for Your Career!
Marcal produces a wide range of paper products committed to our planet’s environment. As a Machine Operator * you are part of a team and culture that is caring, supportive, stable, driven and collaborative. We offer excellent pay and benefits; some are listed below:
- Competitive Wages: Day Shift Starting at $18.25 per hour. Night Shift Starting at $20.00 per hour with a shift differential of $1.00 per hour.
- Additionally, we offer a Machine Technician Training program to grow your career with hourly wage rates up to $27.25 per hour and continued career advancement. SEE BELOW
- Other Benefits include:
- Paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental, and other insurance programs
- A Company matched retirement savings plan.
- Recognition for great work, company events, and much more Advancement growth potential.
- Great employment opportunity with a growing Company
*This is an hourly position that pays overtime for hours worked over 40 in any week and requires a 12-hour shift. Our facility operates 24/7.
The Machine Technician Training Program:
We offer our Machine Operators an opportunity to learn new skills at their own pace and increase their pay by enrolling in our Machine Technician Program. Using online and hands-on training in increasingly advanced subjects, ranging from basic safety and tool usage to advanced systems maintenance, you will learn valuable skills.
- Technician I role earns $22.25 per hour excluding OT and Shift Differential
- Technician II role earns $24.75 per hour excluding OT and Shift Differential
- Technician III role earns $27.25 per hour excluding OT and Shift Differential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Performs minor adjustments to equipment
- Safely load and unload items from machines and conveyors
- Monitor and record the quality of the product for damages and specifications
- Prepare machine for product “change-over” by setting correct dimensions on the machine
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old. High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED)
- Prior machine operation experience, preferred
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 50 lbs repeatedly; sit/stand and/or walk regularly for an entire shift
- Able to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test
- Ability to read and understand verbal & written instructions including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals and training manuals
- Basic computer skills
- Forklift and hand tools
- PPE – Personal protective equipment
Marcal, Soundview Vermont Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide all individuals opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under Federal or State, or Local law.Application Manager