Responsible for performing all phases of electrical & instrumentation control maintenance throughout the plant safely and effectively.
- Perform all electrical & instrumentation maintenance including but not limited to preventive, corrective, and emergency repairs on all equipment.
- Perform installation of new or replacement electrical and instrumentation equipment, as well as electrical construction.
- Locate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical & instrumentation and control system malfunctions. Document problems and results and report them to Group Leader.
- Complete necessarily training programs within the time frame allowed.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Maintain daily work log with work descriptions, time entry and any additional information requested by supervisor.
- Be available to work overtime on emergency base or as directed by supervisor.
- Respond to call-ins for emergency repair work and perform on call duty based on rotational schedule or as directed by supervisor.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 10+ years work experience as an electrician, preferably in a paper mill or industrial setting.
- Proficient knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation; electrical equipment functioning; electrical operating procedures and standards to support cost effective, safe and efficient equipment and instrumentation maintenance, repair.
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic equipment to support safe and efficient minor equipment repair.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local electric codes and environmental permit regulations pertaining to electrical & instrumentation functioning.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, local and company safety procedures and ability to execute same.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards connected with general plant practices with emphasis on the necessity of safety policy compliance.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and work from electrical and electronic blueprints.
- Ability to understand verbal & written instructions in English including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, instruction sheets, technical data, work orders, training manuals, and other verbal/computer based training.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to access confined spaces thru standard man ways.
- Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Operate manual and/or power hand tools and power equipment (i.e. industrial forklift and man lift) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate on radio during noise interference.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions that may require use of company provided personal protective equipment.