Responsible for performing all phases of electrical, mechanical, & instrumentation control maintenance throughout the plant safely and effectively.
- Communicate with Group Leader and shift supervisor to perform duties.
- Perform all mechanical & instrumentation maintenance including but not limited to preventative, corrective, and emergency repairs on all equipment.
- Perform equipment installation.
- Conduct inspection rounds of pumps, couplings, and other equipment for purposes of troubleshooting and fixing malfunctions. Document problems and results and report them to Group Leader.
- Conduct lubrication rounds to ensure proper equipment functionality.
- Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards and report them to appropriate supervisor.
- Complete necessarily training programs within the time frame allowed.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Maintain daily work log with work descriptions, time entry and any additional information requested by supervisor.
- Be available to work overtime on emergency base or as directed by supervisor.
- Respond to call-ins for emergency repair work and perform on call duty based on rotational schedule or as directed by supervisor.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 10+ years work experience as a mechanic, preferably in a paper mill or industrial setting.
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic equipment to support safe and efficient minor equipment repair.
- Knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, local and company safety procedures and ability to execute same.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards connected with general plant practices with emphasis on the necessity of safety policy compliance.
- Ability to understand verbal & written instructions in English including, but not limited to the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, instruction sheets, technical data, work orders, training manuals, and other verbal/computer based training.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to access confined spaces thru standard man ways.
- Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Operate manual and/or power hand tools and power equipment (i.e. industrial forklift and man lift) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate on radio during noise interference.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions that may require use of company provided personal protective equipment.
Once you have applied, please fill out these brief (25-35 minutes total) skill assessments at the following link to be considered for this position: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-ICWU5H2CX?u=1025712Application Manager