- Accountable for mechanical reliability maintenance systems and programs that institutionalize world-class maintenance skills and procedures, improving overall reliability at the facility.
- Lead and promote safe operations and practices including housekeeping and cleanliness, while operating to constantly improving reliability and quality.
- Lead project and repair work in a manner that delivers on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for manufacturing and P&L commitments for the business.
- Work with all maintenance, manufacturing, purchasing, and distribution teams to improve reliability and ensure consistent finished goods are delivered to customers as committed.
- Possess and utilize strategic vision and leadership for maintenance and operations as part of the bigger picture.
- Ensure all work performed by internal and external resources is performed in accordance with Marcal safety policies and results in an incident-free work environment
- Evaluate all projects prior to installation to ensure no safety hazards are created either during installation or by changes to operational procedures
Legal and Compliance:
- Ensure all work is in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and/or codes.
- Ensure all work needing professional certifications and/or stamps is identified and properly approved prior to execution.
- Ensure all contractors engaged have required certifications for work they will execute.
Management and Engineering:
- Responsible for project and reliability maintenance activities including safety, compliance, quality, productivity & cost.
- Lead continuous improvement maintenance and engineering activities aligned with KPI and P&L goals.
- Manage teams in a manner that supports teamwork and development.
- Contribute to annual project and repair budget forecasts, approve and monitor expenditures, report variances to budget.
- Align with Purchasing for repair cost optimization.
- Manage repairs and projects to achieve P&L objectives.
- Contribute to environmental stewardship and improve maintenance and operational machinery knowledge.
- Desire and experience in developing people, succession planning, technical training abilities, and assembling materials for training.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Manage capital projects efficiently, on-time, within budget.
- Work with and an understanding of the internal customer needs and KPI’s; recognition of Purchasing KPI’s and work with them on residual shipments and contraries.
- Working knowledge and application of maintenance reliability principles.
- Ability to lead teams in a cooperative and inspirational manner.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to learn and investigate new systems to ensure more efficient operations.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in engineering or related background
- Minimum 10 years experience in maintenance leadership and engineering capacities.
- Demonstrated engineering experience and exhibited leadership skills.
- The ability to develop a team and individuals both technically and managerially as the business grows.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with strong communications skills.
Once you have applied, please fill out these brief (25-35 minutes total) skill assessments at the following link to be considered for this position: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-ICWU5H2CX?u=1025712Application Manager