Marcal Paper, located in Putney, VT is searching for a Mill Manager to join our team!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Putney Mill and all departments associated with it. As safety is our primary concern, this role works closely with the safety manager to ensure our facility is as safe as it can, and our employees are well trained in safety and operations.
- Reporting to this Leader is the Mill Superintendent, Maintenance Lead, Mill Production Leads and all Mill employees.
- This person is responsible for the day-2-day operations of the Mill in all respects including but not limited to production, maintenance, supervision and evaluation of employees, and works collaboratively with the Vermont Director of Operations, Purchasing Manager, Human Resources and Finance.
- Experience in tracking costs associated with utilities, fiber, labor, energy, and chemicals at the Mill is required.
- Essential is the planning of machinery projects, down-time and project management. To that end, the incumbent will develop the Superintendent for future responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Director, this person initiates and delivers on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to deliver manufacturing and P&L commitments.
- This person will work with all manufacturing, purchasing, and sales and distribution teams to ensure consistent finished goods are delivered to customers as committed.
- Part of Safety encompasses the safe operations and commitment to housekeeping and cleanliness, while operating to constantly improve quality of Fiber operations and the facility overall.
- Responsible for mill accountabilities including safety, compliance, quality, productivity & cost.
- Manage fiber yield management, chemical costs and overall aggressive cost management.
- Manage teams in a manner that supports teamwork and development.
- Assist in developing the annual budget, approve and monitor expenditures, report variances to budget.
- Drives continuous improvement activities to generate improvement in KPI’s, savings and efficiencies.
- Aligned with Purchasing on optimal uses and buying of waste-paper.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Manages projects efficiently, on-time, within budget.
- Working knowledge and application of chemistry, de-inking and bleaching.
- Ability to lead teams in a cooperative and inspirational manner.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Lean Six Sigma experience desirable
- The ability to develop a team and individuals both technically and for people related roles as the business grows.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with strong communications skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and cooperate with peer leaders and departments: ability to see the larger picture of the business and its growth and how the Mill relates to Converting and the overall strategic plan
- Environmental stewardship, machinery knowledge
- Desire and experience in developing people, succession planning, technical training abilities, and assembling manuals, and materials for training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in engineering or the equivalent and related background
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations preferred with 5 years’ of experience in all aspects of the paper mills also preferred.
- Demonstrated management experience and exhibited leadership skills
APPLY TODAY, WORK TOMORROW!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Marcal, Soundview Vermont Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide all individuals opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal or State or Local Law.Application Manager