The Plant Controller reports directly to the CFO and partners with operational leaders at the Plant and Corporate to oversee and ensure accurate, timely and efficient operations and delivery of financial information to multiple constituencies. Proficient in financial systems, this person utilizes technology to improve financial reporting and improve business efficiencies. The Plant Controller manages the day-2-day Plant financials and works closely with Plant leaders and the Plant GM to ensure the location operates efficiently and in a financially responsible fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the CFO to ensure the financial operations of the business.
- Manages the General Ledger including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements for the facility
- Leads the facility level monthly closing process, and monthly reporting to ensure all revenue and expenses are properly accounted for in the appropriate periods
- Manages a team of finance professionals.
- Ensures proper and accurate closing of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll Functions
- Reviews and explains variances and partners with business unit leadership to lead operations reviews
- Completes account analysis and account reconciliations
- Leads the preparation of Financial Statements; coordinates and works closely with the external auditors as applicable
- Monitors and analyzes inventory reporting and ensures accuracy of inventory valuation
- Manages fixed asset activity including capital expenditure requests, justification analysis and post-purchase review
- Partners with business unit leadership and the CFO to increase efficiency, profitability and to drive continuous improvement
- Provides support to department managers in costing analysis which includes labor, material cost and overhead
- Enforces the company’s Accounting and Financial policies and procedures; develops additional policies and procedures, as necessary
- Implements the activities of the Plant Accounting to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements.
- Oversees Accounts Receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all AR ageing components including billings, cash receipts application, etc;
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Completes other assignments as requested
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Plant/manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in public accounting preferred.
- Software knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Exhibits high ethical standards, demonstrated professionalism and qualities
- Results orientation
- Proficient in financial reporting systems, IQMS desirable, embraces technology to crate a clear picture of business performance
- Team Player
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strong and successful team ·
- Takes ownership of tasks and is actively seeking ways to improve processes
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail in all respects.
- Hands-on abilities and desire to be so
- Strong Leadership qualities and demonstrates team engagement.
- Problem solving and analytical reasoning abilities
- Good organizer
- Communication Skills: written, verbal, presentation, a good listener
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conforms with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Marcal, Soundview Vermont Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide all individuals opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal or State or Local Law.Application Manager